When exercising, it’s important to wear a sports bra in order to protect your bust. Here a some tips to help you choose the right sports bra for you.
1. Decide what activity you need a sports bra for. E.g. Walking, Yoga, Running, Boxercise.
2. Match the activity with the support/impact level. If you’re planning on doing some yoga, a low support/low impact bra will be sufficient. If you’re planning on running, it’s best to go for a medium to high impact sports bra. If you’re planning on doing different levels of activity (e.g. yoga & running) it’s best to go for a higher support bra.
3. If you’re unsure which level of support/impact you need, check the packaging on the bra. It will usually state which type of exercise the bra is suitable for.
4. Decide whether you want a padded or unpadded sports bra.
5. Decide whether you want a non wired or wired sports bra.
6. As with your normal bra, the size of the “perfect” sports bra will vary with each design so it’s worth trying a few different band and cup sizes of 1 sports bra design. Personally I tend to find that I need to go up a band size in my sports bra vs my normal bra.
7. Try on the bra and jump up and down to see if you’re assets remain enclosed in the bra. If you have to hold onto your bust, you need a higher level of support.
My favourite sports bra is the Marks & Spencer High Impact Flexible Underwired Sports Bra. It comes in 2 colours Purple/Black and White and is available in a cup sizes A-G,
I love the fact that the straps are adjustable so that you can wear it in the usual bra style or the straps can be lengthened and positioned so that they cross over.
Do you have a favourite sports bra brand or style? If so, please leave a comment below.
Once you have pressed the “subscribe” button, please check your email inbox or spam folder.